Luzon is divided into 8 regions, each with its own unique characteristics and provinces:
1. National Capital Region (NCR) - Also known as Metro Manila, it is the country's capital and includes several cities such as Manila, Quezon City, and Makati.
2. Ilocos Region (Region 1) - Located in the northwest, it consists of the provinces of Ilocos Norte, Ilocos Sur, La Union, and Pangasinan. It is known for its rich history, beautiful coastlines, and preserved Spanish colonial architecture.
3. Cagayan Valley (Region 2) - Situated in the northeast, it includes the provinces of Cagayan, Isabela, Nueva Vizcaya, Quirino, and Batanes. The region is known for its agricultural landscapes, pristine beaches, and stunning cave systems.
4. Central Luzon (Region 3) - Located in the central part, it comprises the provinces of Aurora, Bataan, Bulacan, Nueva Ecija, Pampanga, Tarlac, and Zambales. Central Luzon is known for its fertile plains, historical sites, and culinary delights.
5. Calabarzon (Region 4A) - Encompassing the provinces of Cavite, Laguna, Batangas, Rizal, and Quezon, Calabarzon is known for its proximity to Metro Manila, beautiful beaches, and popular tourist destinations such as Tagaytay and Puerto Galera.
6. Mimaropa (Region 4B) - Consisting of the provinces of Mindoro (Oriental and Occidental), Marinduque, Romblon, and Palawan, Mimaropa offers stunning natural attractions including the Underground River in Puerto Princesa and the Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park.
7. Bicol Region (Region 5) - Situated in the southeastern part, it includes the provinces of Albay, Camarines Norte, Camarines Sur, Catanduanes, Masbate, and Sorsogon. Bicol is known for its majestic Mayon Volcano, beautiful beaches, and spicy cuisine.
8. Cordillera Administrative Region (CAR) - Located in the northern part, it includes the provinces of Abra, Apayao, Benguet, Ifugao, Kalinga, Mountain Province, and the city of Baguio. The region is known for its stunning mountain landscapes, indigenous cultures, and the cool climate of Baguio City.
Each region in Luzon offers its own distinct cultural heritage, natural wonders, and attractions, making Luzon a diverse and captivating destination for travelers.