The 1999 Nissan Sentra GXE was a compact sedan produced by Nissan, a Japanese automobile manufacturer. Here are some details about the car:
1. Exterior Design: The Sentra GXE featured a sleek and aerodynamic design typical of compact sedans of the late 1990s. It had a relatively rounded shape with smooth lines and a modest size.
2. Engine: The 1999 Sentra GXE was equipped with a 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine. It produced around 115 horsepower and 108 lb-ft of torque. This engine was known for its reliability and fuel efficiency, making it suitable for everyday commuting.
3. Transmission: It came with either a 5-speed manual transmission or an optional 4-speed automatic transmission. The choice of transmission depended on the buyer's preference and driving style.
4. Interior: The Sentra GXE offered a comfortable interior with seating for up to five passengers. It had cloth upholstery and basic amenities like air conditioning, power windows, and power door locks. The dashboard layout was simple and functional, featuring easy-to-read gauges and controls.
5. Safety Features: In terms of safety, the 1999 Sentra GXE came with dual front airbags and seatbelt pretensioners. However, it may lack some of the advanced safety features that are more common in modern vehicles.
6. Fuel Efficiency: The Sentra GXE was known for its fuel efficiency, providing good mileage for daily commuting and long drives. Its compact size and efficient engine made it an economical choice for many drivers.
7. Handling and Ride Quality: The suspension system of the Sentra GXE was tuned for a balance between comfort and handling. It offered a smooth ride and nimble handling, making it suitable for city driving and occasional highway trips.
8. Trim Levels: Apart from the GXE trim, the 1999 Sentra was also available in other trims like the base XE, sportier SE, and the performance-oriented SE-R.
Overall, the 1999 Nissan Sentra GXE was a reliable and efficient compact sedan. While it may lack some of the advanced features found in newer cars, it offered practicality and affordability to its owners.